This Week's Pick: Dave Johnson

This Week's Pick: Phillip Bond's pick: Water

3/27/2012

CONJUGATION by Panosian


The rest of the poem carries through on the backside of the paper. Pencil, watercolor, acrylic.


Below is the full poem. More poems by Elena Eva at her website.

Conjugation

Dearly beloved
I stole from you many times
I robbed you
Only in the end to get
Robbed
I have learned something
At my own cost

I gave you many different names
In many different bodies
That ran off the page
And filled the room
For years I can’t take
Back and I stand over
It all counting up
What I lost.

I shared myself around
And I grew afraid of them
I never gave enough
I was afraid to be too simple
So I burned you and me
And us.
And then wondered how.


And when my words meant nothing
I undid yours
Rotting

3 comments:

Reverend Dave Johnson said...

Nice.

Herc said...

I love the look on her face.
peace

Eric said...

awesome, very good idea, we don't read poem enough and the opposition of a good old poem and a modern robot is fine ! The unusual shape of the picture is nice too, the sentence seems to be an arrow which touches the woman (her ears or her heart).